►Participation rules and statement
1. Those who wish to register to participate in the contest should carefully read these rules and statements. By submitting works to participate in the contest you agree to comply with the rules of the contest and agree to allow the organizer, in accordance with the law, to collect, process and use your personal information.
2. All entered works must have been personally photographed by the participant, and must be entered under the participant's real ID information; no anonymous submissions will be accepted. The participant must possess all rights to the entered work, and the organizer may revoke the qualifications of any work that does not comply with regulations.
3. The participant shall be responsible for confirming that all written information is truthful and correct, and that the entered work does not infringe upon the trademark, patent, or copyright of a third party, or violate other laws and regulations. If an application is untruthful or violates the contest rules, and the facts have been verified, the participant agrees that the organizer may revoke his or her prizewinning qualifications, and any awards (including prize money, prices, certificate of merit, etc.) have already been accepted must be immediately returned. The participant shall be willing to bear all responsibility in such cases, and the organizer shall not be involved.
4. There is no restriction on the number of sets of works submitted by each participant; if more than one work wins an award, the organizer shall select and register the best.
5. Participants must respect the final decisions of the judging committee engaged by the organizer, and may not demand the cancellation of award qualifications.
6. Regardless of whether they win an award, entered works that have been submitted successfully will not be returned (including those works not complying with requirements); please be aware of this condition. Participants who wish to preserve their original works are asked to preserve the works ahead of time or reconsider participation.
7. An entered work must have been completed no earlier than three years prior to the contest (2016/10/1-2019/11/15); the work may not have received any domestic or foreign competitive award, nor may it have been publicly issued or displayed, including in print publication and exhibition. However, this restriction shall not apply if the work has been posted on the individual's personal website, blog, or on a Facebook page.
8. If entered works suffer any damage prior to delivery to the organizer, the organizer shall not accept any responsibility.
9. The organizer shall contact the prizewinners by e-mail and telephone after the announcement of the prizewinner list. After confirming their identity, the prizewinners must submit a high-resolution digital file on disk of the prizewinning work within a certain period of time, and those who fail to do so shall be deemed to have given up their prize-winning right.
10. The property rights to award winning works shall be licensed to the organizer free of charge for the purpose of promoting the event within the Shin Kong Mitsukoshi International Photography Contest series of events.
11. The foregoing paragraph indicates that the creators of all prize-winning works agree to freely grant the organizer irrevocable, permanent rights that are valid in all parts of the world, including the right to reproduce and distribute the prize-winning work, and produce derivative items in any existing or future medium (including a record of the creator's name), including but not limited to public display of prize-winning works, event printed materials, and online publications. Winners who do not consent to the above clause waive their right to win a prize. After accepting a prize, participants may no longer take action or make claims in violation of the contest participation rules and statement.
12. Prizewinners must bring personal identification (foreign nationals must bring their passport and alien residence certificate)
13. In accordance with articles 2 and 3 of the Standards of Withholding Rates for Various Incomes," a 10% award income tax must be paid when award value exceeds NT$20,000; in the case of individuals who are not residents of the ROC (i.e., citizens and foreign nationals who have not spent 183 days of the most recent year in the ROC), a 20% award income tax must be deducted from award income, regardless of the award winner's income.
14. With regard to any matters not dealt with in the foregoing paragraphs, when the English and Chinese versions of relevant regulations or explanations are inconsistent, the Chinese shall take precedence. The organizer reserves the right to explain, revise, and add to these contest rules, statements, and explanation of awards.