Participation rules and statement
1. Those who wish to register to participate in the contest should carefully read these rules and statements. By submitting works to participate in the contest you agree to comply with the rules of the contest and agree to allow the organizer, in accordance with the law, to collect, process and use your personal information.
2. All entered works must have been personally photographed by the participant, and must be entered under the participant's real ID information; no anonymous submissions will be accepted. The participant must possess all rights to the entered work, and the organizer may revoke the qualifications of any work that does not comply with regulations.
3. The participant shall be responsible for confirming that all written information is truthful and correct, and that the entered work does not infringe upon the trademark, patent, or copyright of a third party, or violate other laws and regulations. If an application is untruthful or violates the contest rules, and the facts have been verified, the participant agrees that the organizer may revoke his or her prizewinning qualifications, and any awards (including prize money, prices, certificate of merit, etc.) have already been accepted must be immediately returned. The participant shall be willing to bear all responsibility in such cases, and the organizer shall not be involved.
4. An entered work must have been completed no earlier than three years prior to the contest (2017/10/1-2020/11/15); the work may not have received any domestic or foreign competitive award, nor may it have been publicly issued or displayed, including in print publication and exhibition. However, this restriction shall not apply if the work has been posted on the individual's personal website, blog, or on a Facebook page.
5. There is no restriction on sets of works registered by each entrant; if multiple works are awarded, the organizer will select the best one though the Award of the Year can be attained along with other awards.
6. Participants must respect the final decisions of the judging committee engaged by the organizer, and may not demand the cancellation of award qualifications.
7. Regardless of whether they win an award, entered works that have been submitted successfully will not be returned (including those works not complying with requirements); please be aware of this condition. Participants who wish to preserve their original works are asked to preserve the works ahead of time or reconsider participation.
8. If entered works suffer any damage prior to delivery to the organizer, the organizer shall not accept any responsibility.
9. The organizer shall contact the prizewinners by e-mail and telephone after the announcement of the prizewinner list. After confirming their identity, the prizewinners must submit a high-resolution digital file on disk of the prizewinning work within a certain period of time, and those who fail to do so shall be deemed to have given up their prize-winning right.
10. Entrants agree to authorize gratis copyright of the prize-winning work to the organizer, which will be irrevocable, with permanent effect, and applicable worldwide, i.e. the right to reproduce, distribute the prize-winning work or make derivatives thereof (including record of the creator’s name) on any media at the present or in the future, e.g. use it in series events of Shin Kong Mitsukoshi International Photo Joint Exhibition for the purpose of event promotion, display the prize winner’s work publicly, use it in graphic productions of this event and publish it on websites, etc. Prize winners that don’t consent to the above conditions will be deemed as waiving their prize-winning right. Entrants cannot take any action or make any statement violating rules of this contest once entered.
11. Prizewinners must bring personal identification (foreign nationals must bring their passport and alien residence certificate)
12. In accordance with Articles 2 and 3 of the Standards of Withholding Rates for Various Incomes," a 10% award income tax must be paid when the award value exceeds NT$20,000; if prize winners are not individuals residing in the ROC (i.e., natives and foreign nationals who have not resided in the ROC for over 183 days), regardless of the amount received by the prize winners, they can only receive their prize after a 20% award income tax has been deducted from the award income. In case of cash awards, tax will be deducted from the amount of such award before being remitted to a designated account (foreign currency account will be limited to USD, and exchange rate will be based on the actual exchange rate on the day of remittance) .
13. With regard to any matters not dealt with in the foregoing paragraphs, when the English and Chinese versions of relevant regulations or explanations are inconsistent, the Chinese shall take precedence. The organizer reserves the right to explain, revise, and add to these contest rules, statements, and explanation of awards.